BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Finding Creativity From Without.

Designs and artwork all around me inspire me. They inspire me by giving me ideas for projects I do for class or personal pieces I create on my spare time, as well as, help me notice the smaller details of everything around me.

I can just simply look at any object in a room and notice the small fine details of how something is designed and marketed to the public. Like Gatorade drinks; they use simple bottle designs to market their product, but creating smaller versions of the original design also attracts consumers. The colors of the drinks also help draw in customers to buy the product. Simple marketing strategies like creating small bottles for children or easy grab-and-go bottles intrigue more people to purchase. Although the saying, "Don't judge a book by its covers," I believe many people out there do still judge everything upon looks first. That's because what you see is the first impression of anything you buy or get to know later on. As for items like Gatorade, you tend to buy things that are more appealing to you or that it draws you more toward it. For example, I personally like the blue-ish, teal Gatorade drink, but not only does it taste good to me, it is also my favorite color and I purchased the smaller bottles of Gatorade because it's convenient for me to take to school and it looks "cuter." Little details like that can really persuade a person toward purchasing a certain item. Thus, looks do matter, especially in the business marketing world.

The business world incorporates designs into their products. Like the Gatorade bottles, they get designers to create the bottle appearance to draw more customers to buy them. Little fine details of even how a bottle appears inspire me to notice that the world is based on designs of almost anything anywhere. Looks do matter when it comes to marketing strategies, which is one career field that I am very interested in working for in the future. Little consumer products help inspire me to work toward my goal to becoming an advertisement marketer if I cannot achieve my ambitious goal of working for Pixar.

0 comments: